I’d like to thank the Academy. Kidding. BUT I was nominated for an award!!! It’s made up, but whatever about that, it’s still an award!! My awesome friend Heather over at What the heck..Why Not was sweet enough to nominate me for this award.
I feel like ya’ll have heard me confess all my hidden secrets and talk about wearing too many sports bra’s, eating thin mints by the box and my awesome gastrointestinal issues. We’ve bonded right? Not quite..a few more tid bits about me in case you were up all night wondering the answers to these questions. Heather gave me 10 questions I get to answer and then nominate some of my favorite bloggers for the award, so stay tuned to see who I chose!! By the way, Lila is in the other room belting out Let it Go while watching Frozen. My word, my heart just stopped for a second. It’s so. cute.
1. What is your proudest accomplishment?
Ok, besides marrying my cutie and having my 3 kids(would you consider those accomplishments? I mean marrying Rob was a GIFT as were my kids, plus delivering them wasn’t exactly optional so….) I’d have to say the Napa Valley Marathon. Honestly, it was not the most pleasant experience. Ya’ll have heard me cry over this spilled milk before, but I went into the race with patellar tendonosis. I woke up that morning and had decided not to run. Then I decided to run. Crossing that finish line was the most rewarding moment. Knowing how hard it was and that it almost didn’t happen, plus having my hubby there cheering me on and hugging me(and tearing up, but don’t tell him I told you that. He doesn’t cry like ever) was amazing. Hand’s down my proudest moment.
2. If you were only allowed to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
French fries. No doubt. I know this sounds weird but they are salty and can be dipped in ketchup. Win. Win. I know they hold absolutely zero nutritional value, but if I was only allowed one food for the rest of my life that wouldn’t be a very well balanced livelihood so I might as well choose something bad. Right?
3. What was your most embarrassing moment? This question gets me every time. There is so much material for this it’s almost impossible to choose just one. A few weeks ago I was out for a run when nature called. I was in mile 2 of a 9 mile tempo run, so I knew I needed to find a bathroom stat. I was near a pond by my house that is also a big park so it has public restrooms. I kept my ear buds in and decided the large trashcan blocking the door was just there for looks, walked past it and found a stall. Since I had my music blasting in my ears I couldn’t hear anything. All of a sudden I looked up and there was the maintenance man standing right in front of me having flung the stall door open to clean it finding me in a full squat….because who wants to sit on a public park toilet. I squeeled, he said something I couldn’t discern due to the music, shut the door and he went out. I got situated, collected what was left of my dignity and walked out of the restroom area. He was standing outside the bathrooms and started saying something to me, probably “hey that trashcan blocking the door to the restrooms was there for a reason you idiot, sorry for walking in on you.” Not one of my prouder moments. I completely ignored him and ran off. Classy.
4. What is your favorite thing about yourself? Well this is awkward. I’m not one to talk about my good qualities. I feel self deprication is more relatable. I’m kidding…sort of. I guess if we’re just being honest here my favorite thing is that I feel like I can relate to a lot of different people. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and make friends easily. My mom used to tell me I needed to put a sign on my bedroom door that said “therapist.” I like helping people and talking to people and listening to their problems or issues or struggles. I feel like I find good in people and enjoy building relationships with just about anyone.
5. What is something you are NOT good at? Finally, some material I can work with. Ha! I would say being organized. Ugh. I hate this one. I am so scatter brained it drives even me crazy. I wish I had this organized mind that could keep up with when yearbook money is due, when my parent teacher conference is(that I have totally just NOT shown up for by the way), always have socks paired and cleaned(am I the only mom with sock troubles?), always have baseball uniforms in the correct cubby and always remember what night is my snack night for games. I’m just not. I have about a thousand pieces of paper scattered around along with 2 calendars to keep myself afloat and my family from going down the tank. It takes a lot of work to keep this ship from sinking. Most of the time I wish I was better at it.
6. What is your guilty pleasure? Oh great. Probably Real Housewives. I know it’s lame and I often find myself folding laundry and watching thinking “why am I watching this!!!” and then I keep watching. It’s like a train wreck. For some reason it’s mindless television and sometimes, that’s exactly what a day calls for.
7. What is your favorite thing to do in the Fall? This is easy, and hard. Fall is my favorite season. My favorite thing to do is bundle up, put on some fuzzy boots and go shopping with a red cup from Starbucks. Just a fun day out when it’s nice and cool. I kind of hate heat. HATE it. So, being outside in the summer in Texas, unless we’re at the pool, is basically like being in a sauna. So, once it cools off I love to get out and go shopping and exploring. As long as I can bundle up and drink a coffee.
8. What is your favorite item of clothing? Ok, I’m going with a Fall item. Not my favorite overall. My favorite Fall item is my Lululemon Vinyasa scarf. LOVE. IT. It’s like a cardigan, scarf and throw blanket all in one. It’s amazing. Totally worth the investment because you can wear it so many different ways and it is SO comfortable. I wear it almost daily once it cools off here. If I lived somewhere with more of a Fall, I may need to have 2.