We’ve had a really fun week. Among some crazy end of summer moments it’s been so refreshing to have a few days where, for the most part, everyone has gotten along, been happy, and I haven’t lost my cool. Not even once..ish. We cranked some music in the car, drank some Slurpees and clogged our arteries with burgers and fries. It’s just been a good week.
I love music. I like it loud and I like it happy. So, I’m sitting here in my office listening to some tunes that have been ringing in my ears on my runs. A little old, a little new. I am not even kidding when I tell you that I have the MOST random taste in music ever. I just go with feeling. This week, I’m feeling a little bit country. But I don’t care, because this is how happy music makes me feel….
So, here’s a list of songs on my playlist right now. Please don’t judge me. Please don’t discredit every word you ever read from me based on my music taste. I just like a good beat. Happy tunes make happy feet. With all the mileage I’m about to start logging I need to keep my feet moving and good music helps me do that.
Thanks to my hubby, I recently started using Google Play. It’s awesome. I think it’s around $10 a month and you can download as many songs as you want. It’s so easy to use so I’ve been going a little nuts. Ok, here we go(I’m seriously wincing)…..
1. Show you Off by: Dan + Shay. I just love this song. It’s happy and it has a good beat. I used it Tuesday for some speed work and felt an extra kick in my step.
2. Bartender By: Lady Antebellum.
3. Drunk on a Plane by: Dierks Bentley. Did I say don’t judge me? Hear me. I am NOT endorsing getting drunk on planes, but I run faster when I listen to this song..that is all.
4. American Kids by: Kenny Chesney. Ok, so I’m not a huge Kenny fan. I’m sure he’s a really nice guy and all, it’s just not usually my fave. But, this song is fun. Makes me think of the lake and summer(I’m not talking about the actual lyrics….my childhood did not involve making out on green couches and what not…did I mention the beat thing?).
5. Always be My Baby by: yes, you know it…Mariah Carey. Ok, laugh it up. I just needed a little 1990’s this week and this fit the bill. It reminds me of middle school and being young and stupid without a care in the world. Sometimes, you just need to go back to the 90’s. I told you I’m keeping this completely real, and this is really #5 on the playlist this week.
6. Look At You by Big and Rich
7. Day Drinking by: Little Big Town. Ok, I know this looks bad. Drinking on planes, drinking during the day. I promise I don’t have a problem. I’m a coffee girl myself. Did I mention the beat thing? Remember that.
8. Golden by: Lady A. I LOVE this song. It’s not fast, or peppy. It’s just pretty! I love pretty songs(ya’ll I told you my music taste spans a broad spectrum of crazy). The album is titled Golden and I love every single song. It’s happy traveling music. Makes me think of running on the beach.
Ok, so you’ve had a little peek into my soul here. I don’t share my playlist secrets often out of fear that I’ll lose all my friends. But, go download some of these bad boys and tell me it doesn’t make you feel a little happy today. Here’s a peek into our crazy shenanigans from the week…